Frequently Asked Questions - How Do I?

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

Current Size: 80%

Select a question link to open the answer.


To commend or compliment the performance an HRECC employee, notify the Operations Team Managers by calling 540-432-6058 or by emailing:

Operations Team Managers
Chad Siever -
Michael Sherman -


When a commendation is received, a memorandum will be completed by the Operations Team Manager and forwarded through the organizational structure to the director.

Letters of commendation from citizens are posted for all employees to view and become a part of the employee's personnel file.



It is the policy of the HRECC to investigate all allegations and complaints of misconduct against any member of the staff.  A complaint can be made in writing, in person, or by telephone.  Complaints can be made by emailing Chad Siever, and Michael Sherman,, by calling 540-432-6058, or at the HRECC office located on the 5th Floor of the Public Safety Building at 101 N. Main St., Harrisonburg, VA 22802.

A complaint report is completed by the supervisor receiving the complaint based on the information provided.  A copy of the form is provided to the complainant unless the complainant wished to remain anonymous.

Complaints of misconduct concerning employees will be assigned to the employee's direct supervisor.

The Operations Team Manager will be responsible for investigation of complaints involving criminal activity, complaints against supervisory personnel, and complaints of severe infractions.  Complainants shall receive follow up notification from a member of the HRECC once the investigation of the complaint is complete.

Public Safety Building

City Hall is located at 409 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.

The City Manager's Office, Finance Department, Human Resources Department, Real Estate Office, Commissioner of Revenue, Voter Registrar, Treasurer, Community Development, and Information Technology Department are all located in City Hall.

Please use the city departments contact information directory to call the city office for directions, or use the interactive map on the Places page to get directions to City Hall or another city office.

You may submit an application for water and sewer service in person or by mail.

If you decide to come in person, the Public Utilities Department is located at 2155 Beery Road, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. 

You may complete the application first online but will also need picture identification, a copy of the front and back signature page of your lease, and a letter of credit or pay the corresponding security deposit. James Madison University students may use the Utility Deposit Application Program (UDAP) contract in lieu of paying the security deposit.