Join us at the City parks for creativity and art! We have options for all age groups.
Art in the Park - Parent/ Tot
This program is designed for children 0-5 and their adult.
Parent/ Tot art time will include supplies for children and parents to use together as well as a planned craft. Each location will have different programming.
No registration needed.
- June 14 | 9:30 - 10:15am | Westover Park Shelter 4 - stamping
- July 5 | 9:30 - 10:15am | Purcell Park Shelter 3 - hand/ foot print art
- July 19 | 9:30 - 10:15am | Sampson Park Shelter 1 - symmetry art
Art in the Park - Youth
This program is designed for children ages 5 to 14. Adults must stay for the duration of the program but do not need to participate.
Each location will have different programming.
No registration needed.
- June 14 | 10:45 - 11:30am | Westover Park Shelter 4 - maker space
- July 5 | 10:45 - 11:30am | Purcell Park Shelter 2 - flower pounding
- July 12 | 10:45 - 11:30am | Riven Rock Park Shelter 3 - cardboard boat build and float
- July 19 | 10:45 - 11:30am | Sampson Park Shelter 1- sidewalk chalk art and make your own chalk
Art in the Park - Adult (registration needed)
This program is designed for adults 14 and over.
Join Oasis Fine Arts & Crafts professional artist as they lead you through an art process. Each location will have different programming.
- June 21 | 1:00 - 4:00pm | Westover Park Shelter 1 - flow painting
Under the direction of Delaney Westwood, students will begin with a nature-themed guided meditation, imagining colors and images. This will be followed by hands-on work with acrylic paint to create one canvas using the fluid art process. Students will learn how to mix their own color palette and will apply paints to canvas with a step-to-step process led by Delaney. Throughout the session, there will be readings from Rick Rubin’s book, “The Creative Act: A Way of Being”.
- July 12 | 1:00 - 4:00pm | Riven Rock Shelter 3 - glass mosaic
Join Barbara Camph as she leads you through creating a glass mosaic picture frame. Barbara will teach you how to choose your pieces, design your pattern, and complete your project. Barbara Camph has been a full-time stained glass artist for more than 20 years, running her own business in southern Portugal, Panama and now the U.S.
- July 26 | 1:00 - 4:00pm | Hillandale Shelter 12- nature art
NatureCraft is a maker space open to all, from the serious artist, to those with no art experience at all! We’ll experience timeless flow in a natural environment with guidance in creating meaningful objects out of natural found materials. Importance will be placed on the creative process as much as the final products, and on reconnecting with ourselves and the rest of the natural world.
Art in the Park is funded by Arts Council of the Valley through their Advancing the Arts Grant.