The Design and Construction Standards Manual (DCSM) provides design and construction standards for projects within the City of Harrisonburg.
All files are in PDF format.
- Chapter 1: Goals and Policy [124KB]
- Chapter 2: General Design Standards [910KB]
- Chapter 3: Public Street Facilities Design and Planning Standards [161KB]
- Chapter 4: Water and Sewer Utility Design Standards [3MB]
- Chapter 5: General Construction Standards [83KB]
- Chapter 6: Public Street Facilities Construction Standards [144KB]
- Chapter 7: Water and Sewer Utilities Construction Standards [14MB]
- Appendix A: Proposal for Change to Manual [6KB]
- Appendix B: Site Plan Requirements [115KB]
- Appendix C: Engineering Report for Water and Sewer Main Extensions [273KB]
- Appendix D: Water and Sewer Tap Connections [84KB]
- Appendix E: Public Utilities Project Management Approach [3.5MB]
- Appendix F: Typical Street Cross Sections [250KB]
- Appendix G: (Reserved for Future Use)
- Appendix H: Standard Forms of Legal Easement Agreement [37KB]
- Appendix I:
- Appendix J: Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMP) Post-Construction Inspection Policy [140KB]
- Appendix K: Fire Suppression Systems [1.3MB]
The Public Utilities (Water and Sewer) products and technical specifications are established in a document titled the "Public Utilities Product Manual". More information on Water & Sewer Engineering.
With the adoption of the Stormwater Utility Program, beginning May 4, 2015, comprehensive site plan application submittal will require an applicant to submit information regarding impervious square footage. The document below summarizes the changes being implemented for comprehensive site plan (and building and demolition permit) application submittal.
Bond spreadsheets are located on the Bond Information page.