City Property Maintenance

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

Current Size: 80%

The City wants to enhance the quality of life of our citizens by providing efficient public services through operating and maintaining city property.


The Public Works Department provides maintenance services for city streets and traffic - including (but not limited to):

To view all Public Works-approved Public Access Permits taking place on or within City property or public right-of-way view the City's IMAP (Infrastructure Maintenance and Activity Portal).


The City also maintains parking decks and lots downtown.


The Parks and Recreation Department maintains 12 main city parks and several other properties used for enjoyment by the community.


The Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation (HDPT) maintains vehicles used for public transportation, schools, charters, and paratransit.


The Public Utilities Department also maintains products and facilities in order to provide water and sewer services. Learn more about Water and Sewer Engineering and Construction.


If you'd like to report property damage, please contact Public Works at or 540-434-5928.

For property damage you can also call the Police Department non-emergency number at 540-434-4436. 

Contact the Parks and Recreation Department for issues in the city parks at 540-433-9168.

Contact HDPT for bus issues at 540-432-0492.

For issues related to water services, please contact the Public Utilities Department at 540-434-9959.