HFD 2020 Annual Report [4MB]
- City Council approves HFD Station 5! View the HFD Fire Station 5 Presentation at the City Council Meeting - Harrisonburg Fire Department Chief Matthew Tobia discusses the need for a fifth Fire Station to serve the Park View area of Harrisonburg. This station will help improve response times across the city and lower property insurance rates, along with many other important benefits.
- Read the latest Joyful Dispatch Newsletter!
- The City of Harrisonburg Fire Department is proud to announce that our customer service survey has been updated to an electronic form! Tell us how we're doing.
The mission of the Harrisonburg Fire Department is to enhance the quality of life for the community by protecting their health, safety and welfare through fire suppression, emergency medical services, prevention and public education.
- Integrity – consistency of actions and values; doing what is right
- Professionalism – skill, judgment and behavior that is expected of those that are highly trained
- Safety – ensuring the health and well being of employees and customers alike
- Teamwork – the actions of a group to achieve a common purpose
- Excellence – the state of superior service
To be committed to providing a professional level of emergency service that continually enhances the quality of life, health, safety, and welfare of the community we serve.