|Non-city & EMU / ANU Students||$.50|
|City students through grade 12*||No charge*|
|Persons with disabilities||$.50|
|Senior citizens (age 62 & older)||$.50|
|Medicare/Medicaid card holders||$.50|
|JMU / BRCC students and faculty||Valid ID|
|Transfers (Please request when boarding transit)||No charge|
|Adult Passengers (book of 25 coupons)||$20.00|
|Students/Senior Citizens/Persons with Disabilities (book of 25 coupons)||$10.00|
(Rates effective July 1, 2003.)
Please have exact change ready when you board. Drivers do not carry change.
Passengers desiring a transfer ticket should pick one up as they board the bus. A transfer is good for one hour and will be honored on any route, except the one on which it was issued.
Discounted coupon books are available for purchase at the Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation Office located at 475 E. Washington St., or from any in-service transit bus along a city route.
The Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation offers alternate services for passengers unable to board a bus or access a bus stop. Please call 540-432-0492 for information.
*Harrisonburg High School student must have a valid student ID at any and all times or be able to provide full adult fare.
Fares and Half Fare Policy and Procedure
- HDPT allows elderly persons, persons with disabilities, and persons with a Medicare card to pay one-half the fare at all times of operation.
- HDPT does not require passengers to show an identification card at time of boarding to obtain half fare.
- HDPT does not differentiate between peak hours and non-peak hours. Half fare is available at all hours.
- General Regular Transit fare is $1.00: thus half fare is $0.50.
- HDPT will allow elderly persons, age 62 and over, persons with disabilities and Medicare card holders to pay a fare of $.50, one-half of the full $1.00 fare for fixed-route transportation.
- Although no identification card is required at time of boarding to obtain half fare, a Medicare card or proof of age may be used to clarify eligibility, if necessary.