This section of the Fire Prevention Division focuses on education and outreach in our community. It has grown from focusing solely on fire prevention, to understanding and embracing community risk reduction. Community Risk Reduction (CRR) is a process to identify and prioritize local risks, followed by integrated and strategic investment of resources to reduce their occurence and impact. Our community outreach and education efforts include:
- Child Passenger Safety
- Elementary, Middle, High School, and College Programs College Safety
- Community Events
- Annual Events: including Free Pizza/Smoke Alarm Night, Fire Safety Art Contest, Community Fire Academy and more.
- Youth Firesetter Prevention and Education
- Fire Prevention Month
- Child Safety Seats
- Campus Fire Safety
- Recreational Fires
- Kitchen Fires and Stove Top Fire Stops
- Outdoor Fire Safety and Fireworks
For scheduling contact us at 540-432-7703. Please schedule at least two weeks in advance of event.