Since 2012, we've had over 50 recorded saves with Stovetop Firestops. Stovetop Firestops are small unique devices that mount to your vent hood or microwave above your stove. If a fire breaks out on the stove, the flame activates a fuse that releases powder which puts the fire out. View a Stovetop Firestop in action on YouTube
Keep your family safe and follow a few of these kitchen safety tips:
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
- Keep a fire extinguisher somewhere (like under the sink) and know how to use it.
- Never put water on a grease fire. Put the lid on the pan, or use baking soda or a fire extinguisher.
- Keep flammables like dish towels and paper/plastic away from hot stoves.
- Call 911 any time there is a fire.
Cooking fires are the leading cause of home and apartment fires. Stovetop Firestops can save your home and your life.