Visit the Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program webpage for the NTCP Program Guide and information about the city's Team Up to Slow Down Program.
This page is for the Sunset Heights Neighborhood and will be updated with meeting summaries, maps, and information related to neighborhood traffic safety concerns and efforts to address them.
Traffic Calming Plan Revisions to Phase II
A combination of factors led to the consideration of revisions to Phase II of the adopted Traffic Calming Plan for the Sunset Heights Neighborhood. This presentation, from Jakob zumFelde, Public Works Planner, provides an overview of the options being considered. The presentation slides [5MB] Phase 2 Neighborhood Outreach are also available. Residents were invited to complete a brief survey in July 2020. [5MB]
Please contact Jakob zumFelde, Public Works Planner, at Jakob.zumFelde@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-434-5928 if you have any questions or would like additional information regarding his presentation.
- [5MB] Phase II Neighborhood Outreach, 2020
- Phase II Neighborhood Outreach Presentation [video]
- [6MB] Adopted Traffic Calming Plan, 2019
- [897KB] June 9, 2015 Meeting Summary
- July 28, 2015 City Council Agenda and Presentation [video] - Traffic study request
- [337KB] February 16, 2016 Meeting Summary
- [58KB] May 27, 2020 Meeting Summary
- Additional Resources
- 85th Percentile Speeds, Harrisonburg Neighborhood Traffic Calming Guide, page 38
- Research on Four-Way Stops (multi-way stops, all way stops)