Nonprofits in Harrisonburg that missed out on the first round of CARES Act grants and still need support due to COVID-19’s impact on their operations can now apply for round two of the program.
The City will accept funding requests through the Community Foundation of Harrisonburg in the area of Service Interruption. This program will provide funds to organizations that can demonstrate they have had to interrupt their services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
These funds will be available to nonprofits that:
- Are in good standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- Can provide proof of nonprofit status.
- Can provide a copy of their most recent IRS Form 990.
- Can demonstrate their services have been affected by COVID-19.
- Can demonstrate that they serve Harrisonburg residents, even if the headquarters is not located in Harrisonburg.
Applications must be submitted by noon on Monday, November 16.
The City of Harrisonburg will host a virtual Q&A session for interested organizations on Friday, November 13, at 11:00am. Register online at www.surveymonkey.com/r/PRXYS8M to receive the virtual meeting link.
APPLY ONLINE. *This link will take you to a new website to submit application documents.